Hiya my lovelies, hope you are well today and staying safe in all of the snow! I just can’t believe how bad it is out there. I know that the west and Ireland got it bad last night, so I’m just praying that every one there is ok.
On to today’s post, I’ve been nominated by the very nice and beautiful Sarah over at Life With Lil Red so thank you very much my lovely! Go ahead and check out her answers to the questions 🙂
Q & A:
1. Do you remember your first makeup item?
The first one I bought mylself was a Rimmel lipstick, but before that my big sister had bought me a really pretty palette for Christmas. It looked like a ladies face and had all sorts of colours in it. I can remember having hours of fun with that chalky badly pigmented palette haha.
2. Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications?
I prefer a drier one, but I have found various different brushes that I like. One of my all time faves is the Maybelline Rocket Waterproof. But then I’m loving their new Total Temptation at the moment too.
3. What kind of coverage do you prefer from a foundation?
I like a solid medium or full coverage foundation because my skin isn’t the best. I really like a nice dewy foundation, or if I wear a matte I will usually wear an illuminating primer or mix in some strobe cream.
4. Favorite high end brand?
I’m generally sticking to budget beauty brands recently due to funds, but I do really like Mac, especially their lipsticks. But then I love all lipsticks!
5. What cosmetics brands have you always wanted to try but still haven’t?
If money was no object I think it would be Marc Jacobs, Charlotte Tilbury and Fenty Beauty. But again, I just can’t justify spending that kind of money when you can get such good quality from drugstore brands.
6. Favorite drugstore brand?
This is an easy one, it has to be Makeup Revolution. I’m pretty sure they won’t be a shocker to anyone, they have some amazing products for such an affordable price. Plus they are cruelty free, which I really like.
7. Do you wear false lashes?
No I haven’t ever really got the knack of applying them. I’ve watched so many YouTube guides on how to do it, but it’s just not for me. When I use a decent mascara I can get my lashes looking pretty full too, so I never persevered.
8. Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without?
I have to admit that sometimes when I my health is really bad, I will go out without makeup. But if it’s a generally ok day I might wear just mascara and some lippie.
9. What is your most cherished beauty product?
I don’t think I really cherish any one product, but I love all lipsticks. Even when I’m having the worst ill day at home, I still put some lippie on and it makes me feel just a little bit better about myself.
10. How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there, or get lots of goodies at once?
I think it all depends on what I need, or if there’s new products out. Sometimes I’ll just have a look to see what I fancy, and other times I’ll have a list of things I want.
11. Do you have a “beauty budget” or do you spend freely?
Not as such, but I do try to control myself. Although I have to say, brands like Makeup Revolution make it difficult when they release such awesome products so frequently!
12. Do you utilize coupons, reward cards, and sales when you shop for cosmetics?
Ooh yeah, I’m a member of all the rewards clubs, Boots, Superdrug and Debenhams. I get all of the emails from the online companies to alert me of sales and regularly check online discount code sites for a new ones too.
13. What type of product do you buy the most of?
I am an absolute lipstick hoarder! I haven’t counted them, but I’ve got looooaaaaaads! Come on, you can’t tell me you don’t have a few yourself, right?
14. Is there a brand you absolutely can’t stand?
I don’t think there’s any brand I’ve tried that there isn’t something that I can find which I like.
15. Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics, like parabens or sulfates?
No I’m not particularly bothered about things like that if I’m honest. I’ll only avoid particularly scented things on my face if I think they’ll irritate.
16. Do you have a favorite place to shop for makeup?
It’s a tough call between Boots and Superdrug, but I think Superdrug just wins! Although that’s because, yep you’ve guessed it, Makeup Revolution is there.
17. Do you like trying new skin care products or do you keep a certain routine?
I have to admit, I do like to try new things. I’m very pleased with allot of the skincare I have at the moment. Keep your eyes peeled for that post coming up!
18. Favorite bath and body brand?
For me it has to be Lush! They are cruelty free, all of the products smell amazing and the experience in store is what makes it special.
19. If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?
Definitely Makeup Revolution as they have amazing products for reasonable prices.
20. What brand do you think has the best packaging?
Ooh that’s a hard one… In high end I would say either Too Faced or The Balm and I Heart Makeup for the budget. The heart highlighters and chocolate palettes are my faves.
21. Which celebrity always has great makeup?
Jennifer Lopez always looks amazing, her skin always looks like it’s glowing. Obviously Kim Kardashian is the contour queen, and she always looks flawless. For nice natural makeup I think Kate Winslet looks great too.
22. Do you belong to any online makeup communities?
Yes I belong to a few online beauty blogger groups and also Makeup alley.
23. Favorite beauty gurus:
I have many that I really enjoy. It’s hard to pick! I suffer from terrible insomnia and I will quite often sit and watch people like Dramatic Mac, Carmi MUA, Emily Noel 87, Pixiwoo.
24. Do you like multi-functional products like lip and cheek stains?
If I’m being honest, I’m not a fan of stains at all! But I do like the cream products you can use on your cheeks and lips.
25. Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
Yes unfortunately due to the pain and fatigue I have from my Crohns Disease and Fibromyalgia. I can no longer use liquid eyeliner as it’s impossible, but I use eyeshadow on an angled brush as liner instead. I have had to change the way I apply makeup quite a bit as my conditions have got worse.
26. Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
Yes, always! I have very crepey eyes these days so I never go without some kind of base.
27. How many hair products do you use on a typical day?
If it’s a washing day I’ll use shampoo, conditioner, one of my root boosters and macadamia oil to finish.
28. What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
I always apply foundation first, and then cover up anything that hasn’t already been covered with my concealer.
29. Would you ever consider taking makeup classes?
I actually trained to be a makeup artist about ten years ago, but I have to say I’ve learned more from YouTube and blogs!
30. What do you love about makeup?
I love the confidence it gives me. I suffer allot with my health, so whenever I don’t have it on, I get everyone telling me I look ill!
My Nominees are…
Bournemouth Girl aka Blog with Lauren.
But I’d also love to see everyone else’s answers, just because I’m nosy! Right that’s me for now, over and out, byeeeeee xx